Old November 20th 17, 08:00 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Ed Light

Default Do those disk wipe utilities make a difference in an SSD?

My Kingston SSD's software has a wipe the disk option.

Seems like if you filled up the capacity of the disk with random stuff
it would get everything. I don't know, though.

Wiping just one file is another thing.

But, no matter where it's really storing it, if it's no longer available
in the virtual hard disk representation of the SSD, such that recovery
software can't find it, then it should be as good as gone, unless some
expert takes it apart or hacks it somehow. I don't know.

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com