Old March 1st 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Evo laptop LCD Screen issues

Hi mazochungo

Yes the cable from HP did fix my problems, which were general
degradation of screen resolution over the whole screen. It was like
whole vertical rows of pixels not working.

My cable was faulty where it goes around the hinge. ie where it has to
flex or bend most often. By applying pressure at this point it would
come good.

Where the flat cable attaches to the back of the LCD, you should be
able to disconnect. It has some tape holding it in place.

It does sound though, that it could be a problem with the screen.

The cable kit comes with 3 cables for 3 different models.

Mine was for the SXGA 15" LCD
there is one for XGA 15" LCD
and one for 14" LCD

regards