Old May 13th 19, 03:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Shadow[_2_]

Default What happened to cheap reliable ADSL modems ?

On Mon, 13 May 2019 14:28:20 +0200, Yrrah
wrote:

Shadow :

I won't be buying in the US.

Lucky you...
"Timely Trump tariffs tax tech totally: 25 per cent levy on modems,
fiber optics, networking gear, semiconductors…
It's the art of the deal, folks"
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...trump_tariffs/

I'm sure he sold his shares before making that "tough
decision".

;-) ;-) ;-)

Well, I thought, what if it was a hack and not the lightning ?
The LAN was working fine, only the internet side (last led)
was off. I had nothing to lose.
So I put the old modem back in, re-flashed with the same
firmware, imported my settings (I have them on a DVD I made 5 years
ago), and it's working 100%.

Serves me right for torrenting "sensitive" documents, I
suppose.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004