Old May 7th 19, 04:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
root[_6_]

Default How GT 520 auto detect VGA,HDMI,DVI device ? Is there manualoverride ?

Paul wrote:
The Denon 1909 appears to have strange ideas as to resolution
choices on HDMI-out, so there is no guarantee this will work.
But at least the plumbing is there for it. If your computer
monitor happens to be 1920x1080 VGA, this would be an ideal
accident. Other choices of native resolution on the computer
monitor, might not work so well, as the "scaler" in the Denon
is intended for Bluray/DVD players and the like. It wasn't
designed for computer-type HDMI signals.

In a "home theater" setup, the HDMI goes to the receiver
first, and then the video signal can go to a big screen TV.
I see no mention of 4K in the manual, so it would appear
the Denon 1909 is from the 1080p HD era.

I have the manual, from a previous question, sitting in my collection.

This is one of the reasons I keep a HDMI-to-VGA dongle here
as well as a DisplayPort-to-VGA dongle, because you never
know when some newer technology in the house will require it.

Paul

I come late to this thread so I am unware of the issues.
My arrangement is HDMI computer-DenonAVR3313CI-LG 65" 4K oled
while also having the vga output of the graphics card to
a second monitor.

I have experimented with a number of Nvidia graphics cards
including 210, 610, 710, 1030 from different manufacturers.
Most recently I have tried the PNY 710 and 1030 from Best Buy.

Regardless of who makes the graphics card, if only one output
is connected the card will always direct output at boot
to that card. If both VGA and HDMI connections are made
to the graphics card, different manufacturers video cards
act differently, but most of those that I have tried will
display the boot sequence on the HDMI output only. It is
at boot time that the graphics card determines the characteristics
of the display.

I use linux for the computer system, and if Twinview is enabled
in the xorg.conf file both VGA and HDMI outputs will be displayed
when X is started. The resulting HDMI display will differ
according to whether the HDMI was connected at boot time.

My Denon receiver has a setup option ( I think it is HDMI control)
that affects how the HDMI signal is processed. My Denon will
upgrade an incoming signal to 4K if the display is 4K.

I apologize if this information is off topic.