Old August 15th 18, 04:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Printer language specification for Brother MFC-3360C

Hello,

Does anyone know what might be the language/format used by Brother
MFC-3360C or any of the Brother printers listed below, and where could I
find its specification? Or if there is a free/open driver that works
with these printers?

It might (or might not...) be something called "Brother Native
Compression Mode (NCM)", but I can't find anything about this format.

As far as I know, the format is not PCL, Postscript or "Brother
Host-Based Printing".

As the same driver from Brother is used for several printers (with
minor differences), information about any of the following devices
will probably be useful too:

DCP-130C
DCP-330C
DCP-540CN