Old February 22nd 04, 05:14 PM
edek

hi,

fortunately i would be suing the dvi output on my radeon 9700 with the
appropriate dvi cable connecting to a dvi monitor. now is there a
noticeable difference between picture quality with a dvi output as
compared to an fully analogous picture...

thanks

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:21:20 -0500, "John McGaw"
wrote:

edek wrote in message ...
hi.

considering buying a tft with dvi output to match my radon 9700 dvi.
But as this radeon also has 15 pin D-Sub which am currently using I
was wondering whether the quality is noticeable when using the dvi
output with dvi monitor?

thanks

The difference will depend on how good the A-D/D-A converters in the TFT
monitor and graphics card are. Since the display data starts out digital on
the card and the LCD display is digital the use of the D-Sub means that
everything is converted from digital - analog - digital. A breakdown
anywhere in the chain will result in diminished results. It is entirely
possible that you won't be able to see any difference in the display if your
equipment is working as it should. Of course, using the DVI takes the worry
out of "would it be better if...?".