Old January 25th 06, 06:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Abit LG-81 random shutdown/heat issue?

On 24 Jan 2006 19:41:13 -0800, "RetailMessiah"
wrote:

BTW, latest BIOS (01-16-2006) and all of the WindowsXP updates are
installed. Please help me Abit community.

-John

Well the really obvious and easy thing to do is test the processor in
another MB but thats a problem if you dont have access to another MB.
Thats why Im so glad to have 3 systems now which I thought was insane
a few years ago. Who needs more than one? But after having so many
problems every few months if you dont have access to another system to
swap parts ----- even if its a cheap problem to fix until you find out
what it is you left with two really bad choices --- pay an arm and a
leg at a repair shop or pay an arm and leg constantly buying more and
more new replacement parts swapping them out often buying the wrong
items.

Of course you can avoid all that if someone happens to know the exact
solution to your problem cause theyve experienced themselves but the
odds are probably slim for that.

Whats that 117 C bit about? You kept posting about the CPU staying at
38C but then you mentioned something 117. Obviously if it went up to
117 then thats the problem though you say it was cool to the touch.