Old July 17th 03, 09:06 AM
da_xanadu

Default Questions on P4P800 Deluxe Internal USB Header Connections

Hi,

I'm a first timer putting together my system., so excuse me if my question
is too elementary or my terminology is incorrect.

I'm in the final stage of connecting all the necessary cables but am at this
point stuck on one thing which is preventing me from going further.

Accoring to the P4P800 Deluxe specifications, the mobo features support for
8 USB connections. In addition to the 4 USB 2.0 ports at the rear panel, it
is also supposed to provide four more through internal headers.

Howerver, when I looked around I saw altogether two 9-pin connectors on the
board (USB_56 and USB_78). Does this mean that each of these is meant to
support two USB connections? (I guess USB_56 actually means this header is
meant for USB_5 and USB_6). If yes, how is that done--say, in terms of
cabling and connections?

(A bit of background info: My case (Kingwin KT-436WM) has four front panel
USB ports, two of which are meant to be connected to the motherboard. The
cables of these two ports have two 10-pin headers.)

Thank you very much in advance for any input!

da_xanadu