Old July 12th 03, 02:33 PM
Dave

"Smith" wrote in message
news:c5SPa.3221$AD3.359@lakeread04...
Okay, first time I've had to buy a power supply. Have an AMD K7-950, the
250W PSU it came with is fried. Someone recomended I go with a Sparkle
brand PSU. I looked around and found one that looks good and would fit in
my case, the "Sparkle Power (SPI) ATX-300GT 300Watt ATX Switching Power
Supply." Did some research and found that all SPI's 300W and above can
support AMD K7's. Yet in the description it says "AMD Approved and P4
Ready" My question is, what exactly does that mean, "Approved" why not
"Ready" like for P4's?

Thanks,

Smith

"AMD approved" means that the company is on AMD's list of approved
manufacturers and the design meats AMD's specifications.

"P4 ready" means that it has an extra 4 pin 12volt plug that is required on
most P4 motherboards.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source