Old February 11th 07, 12:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
BillyZoom

Default some more info ( asus p2b rev. 1.04 only two short beeps...)

"Henk J.van Dijk" wrote in message
I changed the info:

It's an old comp, I know. But with some jobs to do. Asus p2b rev. 1.04.

I only get some beeps (two short ones), and no videopicture and even no
post. The video card , the monitor is oké.
(When I look for the meaning of the two beeps, I read "Parity circuit
failure", but the memory is in for ages without problems.)

I suppose it's a AWARDbios and for that I read: two short beeps -
Non-Fatal
Error (reseat RAM, check other components)
(I took out the memory and after replacing the same beeps -to short ones)

At the moment I really don't know what more relevant things to give. Can
somebody give me a clue how to fix the problem?
I Would be very pleased. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Henk

Most likely you have a counterfeit motherboard (Fake).

http://www.plasma-online.de/english/..._fake_p2b.html

You could have anything from bad capacitors, wrong cpu (jumpers) and a bad
bios flash.

Being a fake board don't waste your & the newsgroups time.