Old January 28th 04, 07:52 AM
Dashi

Mobo manufacturers quickly correct problems with their product, if not they
wouldn't be selling any.

Forget about the capicator issue, it's long gone.

Dashi

"Ed" wrote in message

"75475,451" wrote in message

This may be old news to many of you.

In considering a new motherboard, I remembered an article I stumbled
upon a few days ago talking about bad capacitors in motherboards
manufactured in the last two years. I just Googled the topic and found
some scary information. I have built three computers since 2002. One
with a Tyan Trinity 510, and two others with socket A, KT266a and KT333a
chipset, MSI motherboards. One was for a guy I worked with last summer.
He says it still runs fine. Hope it continues to run fine.

Anyway, the impression I got from the articles and postings I read was
that even highly regarded motherboard manufacturers fell into this
problem of using faulty caps. I won't name any of them, I'll leave that
to Google. But I will name one that claims to have avoided the faulty
capacitor issue, by insuring that they used the best capacitors made in
Japan, Albatron. I would never have thought. I saw how cheap they where
while searching on Pricewatch (I never really heard of Albatron until
I searched Pricewatch), and automaticaly considered them a stability
risk. I may take another look at what they have to offer.

Albatron are pretty new to the scene but the m/b's are very good, the
people
behind the company are ex Gigabyte.

Eddy.