Old February 26th 05, 07:04 PM
Kev

"Apollo" wrote in
:

"Kev" wrote in message

Isnt it possible to just leave the one already on there alone
and add a
second drive? I dont know much about the innards of Dells but
always
figured hardware-wise its pretty much the same as all the
others. If yes,
for the time being buy the new drive (40GBs are dirt cheap...
maybe go
for 80), use all of it for media, and let sleeping dogs lie.

Hi Kev,

It's one of those low profile cases, only takes one hd.

I hate those how many 5 inch bays? If you have an extra one you can use
one of those with the proper mount. Or... this might be a tight fit but
rig something put it where the floppy is. Or how about replace the CD if
you dont really need it. just get the proper mounts.

Hmm... now Im making it difficult. Probably in the long run replacing the
drive and reinstalling only what you need might be better...assuming you
have the NT disks. Otherwise, I wonder if you could use Linux for your
purposes, especially since most of those 'media center' appliances
recognize it as well if you decide to get one of those... whereas they
might not recognise NT (98, 2000, xp only).

I looked up your service tag on dell and its a GX110