Old September 14th 05, 08:24 AM
.

In article ,
says...

If I were you, I'd look into pre-paying the electric bill for that
puppy.. You might need your own substation to power it properly (8-

Ah-ha! Already taken care of the power issue - I hope. Although it came
with 2 hot-swap supplies, I've only plugged the mains into one. I
figure, since it's a file server and it's going to be running RAID 5 AND
backing up to tape anyway, then if it goes down, I'm in the office
anyway so just pull the lead from the dead supply and plug it into the
other one. I don't need the redundancy factor at this stage, so I figure
if I do this, it'll save a few bucks.