Old November 14th 18, 03:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Davej

Default Clean install of Win 10 ?

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 4:48:51 PM UTC-6, Paul wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
Are you sure that only the MAC address is used?

I was attempting to use the hardware identifier with
the most weight, as a simplified example of how it
works.

The alternate term I use "hardware hash", I'm not
even sure of the mechanical details, and how
big of a packet or table is sent.

See now, that only makes sense to identify an exact
configuration. That is part of what has had me confused. A
hash is not the correct thing to use in this situation,
because a hash changes dramatically if even one bit of
the input changes.