Old March 11th 05, 08:11 AM
J B

The NF7-S v2.0 lets you adjust vcore by 0.025V increments from 1.1V to
1.8 or 1.9V (can't recall off the top of my head the upper limit). Can
run RAM in single or dual channel configuration. The board comes with a
back panel slot with 2xUSB2.0 and 2xFirewire (1 firewire A and 1
firewire B (mini)). Abit even left an empty slot below the AGP slot so
that you don't waste a PCI slot below your video card (where you
shouldn't put a PCI device anyways). You'll need your own video card
though since there's no onboard video... has onboard LAN, SPDIF (optical
audio) Out, 6.1 channel analog audio out, etc... Seems to be one of the
boards of choice for overclockers... I'll be assembling my system again
on Thursday after getting my XP-M chip back from AMD on an RMA (I
haven't even used it yet; bought it 2nd hand and it was bust).... I'll
let you know how it goes if you'd like some firsthand info...

JB

Peter Harrington wrote:
I am looking for some recommentations for AMD XP-M boards. Need an
adjustable multiplier. Also, the low-end power supply does not have an
auxillary +12 V line, so I would like to find a board with a LAN, but does
not require the extra line of juice.

Will moderately overclock with a 166 MHz FSB.

TIA,

Pete