Old February 10th 05, 10:57 AM
Paul

Default A7VC on-board video problems

In article ,
wrote:

If anyone could help me get this video card working, I would
appreciate it.

The A7VC has on-board video. It is going bad. I have purchased a PCI
video card.

No matter what I try, I can't get the new card to work with the old
video. I've tried every combination I can think of. Installing in safe
mode, not in safe mode, disabling the on-board video, not disabling
it. Nothing works to allow me to use the new card.

What happens is, I can get the new card installed, then reboot. Go in
to bios. Switch from on-board video to pci video. When XP starts, it
"finds" the on-board video, and when it tries to install a driver for
it, XP crashes and takes a few files with it. If XP is running off the
on-board video, it works fine even though both boards are installed.

Any ideas?

TIA,

grant

If drivers for both devices are installed, could you go into
the Device Manager and disable the AGP based video interface ?
Does that work ? Does it look like the PCI card drivers are
working, because disabling the AGP might not be a good idea
if the PCI side isn't really healthy. Does it seem to be
running in dual monitor mode or not ?

Purely a guess,
Paul