Old January 12th 05, 07:07 PM
Jorgen [DK/2400]

I'm running both and ati radeon 9500 pro and a radeon 9600 on my board
without problems.. of course not simultaneous ! ;-)

-jorgen¨

"Michael Riley" wrote in message
On a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard, is an ATI Radeon 9000 64MB 128-bit
DDR AGP 2X/4X
Video Card ok to use?

The manual states that the graphics card should run 1.5 volts. Writeup on
this video board has the following spec.'s:

Intel® Pentium® 4/III/II/CeleronT, AMD® K6/DuronT/Athlon®/Athlon XP® or

compatible with -- AGP 2X (3.3v), 4X (1.5V), 8X (0.8v) or Universal AGP
3.0 bus
configuration (2X/4X/8X).

What I don't understand is the three voltages listed. Obviously, the AGP
2X
at 3.3v wouldn't be what the Asus Mobo manual calls for. The other two
voltages listed for AGP 4X and AGP 8x respectively, have voltages that
would
be acceptable.

Would this module run the voltage based on what the Asus motherboard is
operating at, or would the video module try to run a higher voltage than
the motherboard should run at? Which module is in control?

My hunch is the motherboard would have the video board running at AGP 4X
(1.5v), is
my assumption correct? Is anyone out there using a Radeon 9000 with the
A7N8X deluxe?

Thanks for your help!