Old July 8th 03, 06:42 PM
callsignviper

"-S-" wrote in message
om...
I need some help with my system. I bought a pair of 'CORSAIR XMS 512MB
64MX64 PC-3200C2PT' sticks to go with my A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 main board.
I have the sticks in banks 1 & 3 and am running in DDR mode for a
total of 1GB of RAM. One of my games - Battlefield 1942 Road To Rome
will not run, the screen goes black for about 2 seconds then it kicks
me straight back to the desktop. When I run only 1 stick, the game
works fine (does not matter which of my 2 sticks I use, or in which of
the 3 banks on the MB). Whenever I add the 2nd stick of ram, in any
combination of banks ( 1&3DDR, 2&3DDR, 1&2Single) Battlefield 1942
will not run. Here is some more info on my system.

Asus A7n8X Deluxe 2.0 w/ BIOS c1005
AMD Barton 2500+ w/ 333fsb
Windows ME - fully patched w/ DirectX 9a
Geforce 3 Ti200 w/ latest Nvidia Detonator Driver
NForce 2 also has the latest Nvidia Driver

"Latest Nvidia Driver".......from the Nvidia website. Version number?

Supposedly the Nvidia driver available on the disc that came with your
motherboard and/or the Asus website is the better version to use.

Seems Nvidia pulled the "latest" Nforce2 driver from their website about 2
months ago due to bugs......imagine that!

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.