Old December 17th 04, 11:07 PM
Mac Cool

Here is a good budget card:
APOLLO ATI RADEON 9200SE 64MB DDR, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, "Devil Monster 3
Newegg.com $39.50

Both the 5200 and 9200 are better choices than the MX series. If you are
going to do 'any' gaming at all, I would recommend the Radeon 9600Pro
which can be found for ~$110 and is the most bang for the buck you can buy
right now

Here is a guide I often recommend for choosing quality, inexpensive
components:
http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/...ide-200411.ars

They also link to an excellent price search engine that may help you save
a few bucks:
http://arstechnica.dealtime.com/xFS?...-8IPE100-G&FD=
1717&x=0&y=0
.... as you can see, there is quite a range of prices on your choice of
motherboard with Zipzoomfly having the best price.
--
Mac Cool