Old December 17th 04, 10:49 PM
Dave C.

"Ricky Romaya" wrote in message
.159...
Hi,

I recently want to upgrade my ol' P100 classic to P4 class PC. I need
advice for buying a new graphics card.

I've decided to get P4 2.4GHz on Gigabyte GA-8IPE100-G (865PE chipset).
Now
I need a decent graphic card for my very tight budget. I'm considering a
card with either NVidia FX5200 or MX4000, or ATI 9200SE or 9250. The
highest chipset that my budget can get is FX5200 or ATI 9250.
Specifically,
I'm considering these card (largely because availability, listed by
ascending prices):

OK, you should consider a board with built-in video, like the following:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...157-030&depa=0

The money you save (cheaper motherboard, plus no need to buy a video card)
will allow you to upgrade to
2 X 256MB of RAM, instead of 2 X 128MB

Plus, the Intel Extreme 2 video adapter built into the mainboard will likely
be faster than any of the video cards you were thinking of buying. So you
get faster video, MUCH faster overall system performance (because you've
doubled your RAM), and spend not one penny more than you were planning to.

Oh, the Asrock board I linked to above has an AGP slot so you can even
upgrade video adapter later, if you want to. -Dave