Old December 12th 03, 12:52 PM
Bob Davis

"Carbon" wrote in message
news
FWIW I have a WD 80GB drive and am very happy with it. It's fast and it
didn't cost much. I have the one with 8mb cache onboard and three year
warranty.

Me 3, but I have two 100's that have been running for 1 year, one as D:
here and another on another system. I also have a Maxtor DM9 160gb that has
also performed well, now as C:. Actually, I presently have one Maxtor, 5
WD's, and three IBM's (two are pre-Deathstar) that are either permanently
attached on this system or rotated in mobil racks (Ghost clones). All are
working fine, and the only one I don't trust is the IBM 60GXP.