Old October 3rd 20, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

Default Macrium Reflect image restored to dissimilar x64 hardware doeswhat? Paging Paul, Flasherly, Mr. Chang

On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 12:00:31 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 10/2/2020 8:49 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 10/2/20 10:20 AM, RayLopez99 wrote:
The scenario: I have a x64 bit Windows 10 machine that's

The last time I did this, it was from a 2500K to a 8700K processor and
motherboard, but with the new boot drive being a MVNE drive, and it was
challenging getting the MVNE drive to boot. I believe I had to build the
drive on a SATA drive and load the drivers on that, and then enable the
MVNE drive and copy that result to the MVNE drive. That was a Win 7 PC.
Win 10 might have the drivers you might need from the start.

Yes, upon researching the issue using the links provided in this thread, I concluded the following:

Restoring To New Hardware using Macrium Reflect - note, issue are the drivers for bootup (might not boot up properly). Best to therefore do clean reinstall if possible, otherwise, ReDeploy option in the paid Macrium Reflect is a good second best option.

I will probably buy the Home version of Macrium Reflect since if my laptop is physically destroyed I might have to do this ReDeploy to new hardware.

Thanks for the replies,

RL