Old August 24th 03, 04:27 AM
jbuch

HBYardSale wrote:
Question - Printing 2-up on 11x17

This is probably a simple-minded question, but for the life of me I can't
figure out how to print two 8-1/2 x 11 pages 2-up on a 11 x 17 sheet. I've
looked thru all the options in the print menu and can't figure it out.

I'm using Pagemaker 7.0 and a Cannon BJC-5100 that takes 11x17. Also tried it
using Acrobat 5.0. I doubt that the application is the problem, though.

To be sure I'm getting my question across, here's a poor-man's illustration
shoing how I want it to come out:

------ 17" --------
| | | | |
| Page 1 | | Page 2 | 11"
| 8.5x11 | | 8.5x 11 | |

Thanks!
Fred

When you define the page that you will be using in Pagemaker, you tell
it an orientation and a size.

It is trivial to set an 11" x 17" paper into two 8.5" x 11" sections and
put your pages there.

You can even set up a new document and put the pages down on this large
paper by cut and paste. You may find it beneficial to group everything
on the old file pages to make it easy to position the pasted elements
easily and precisely.

The mistake is not composing to the printer.

RTFM and you may get the clue that you are better off composing for a
printer.

Jim

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.