Old January 19th 05, 08:38 AM
Spencer

I agree that the shoot-up was very good, difficult and exciting, I was
referring to the rambling speech by g-man that comes after that (as referred
to in Lars-Eriks original post) followed by the titles.

--
Regards
Spencer

"CriticalMass" wrote in message

Spencer wrote:
I finished Half-Life2 with no problems on a Ti4200 running 44.03
(But it won't run at all on my BFG6600GT OC!)

You haven't missed anything, the ending is the worst anti-climax I have

ever
seen in any game. When G-man finishes speaking the titles roll...end

That's the most bizarre statement I've heard in quite a while.

The HL2 ending *for me* was very different. Took me a bunch of tries
just to get through it. Major battle with a couple of those fighter
ships (whatever they're called) and then had to shoot a BUNCH of energy
balls at the power generation plant to blow it up. GLORIOUS ENDING !
And quite exciting.

Anti-climax? Nah.