Old July 22nd 03, 06:06 PM
John

I unplugged everything from my mobo except for the boot drive. It doesn't
POST at all so i get absolutely nothing on the screen. I think I'll go buy a
new 450W power supply.

Thanks for the help

"MiniDisc_2k2" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Quick question for you all. I have been having some problems turning on

my
PC, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I notice when my power

cable
is
plugged into my power supply that I do have a green LED on my

motherboard
and when it's unplugged the light goes off. Is it possible for the LED

come on if the power supply is dead?

Dead? No. Bad? Yes.

I have checked the power button and it looks to be wired fine. I've had

my
power supply for about 2 years now and am just recently running into
problems with it it seems. Any help would be appreciated as I dont wan't

spend any money on a new power supply if it's not the problem. Oh ya and

my
PC doesn't even POST.

J.

How far into the POST does it get? Where does it lock up? Does it even
display anything on the screen? How many watts does it output? How much
crap..err..stuff do you have attached to your motherboard?