Old November 4th 18, 06:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default dahm it took long SSD HP-M700

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 01:00:37 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

I don't ghost partitions, only the data inside because I know where
all my files are. I can re-install Window$ anytime as I don't keep
data in the OS partition.

-
Neither do I ghost partitions. I do ghost the OS, however.

I do the same and keep data and programs, most preferably for portable
standalone status, on other partitions.

I would like to easily reinstall Windows, but a degree of
customization I demand ... rather, there're of programs that work on a
OS "customization aspect", to include some detailed involvement with
enhancing and widening what the OS is capable.

Some no doubt are outdated and less used. There's nothing wrong with
organizing for essentials and being able to rebuild the OS reinstall.
Only I'm not quick at doing it.

Of course you should realize I've ghost images down to art and can do
a binary rewrite the OS in 45 seconds. You won't do that with a
reinstall.

Try this one sometime:

I found the computer locked earlier today, with what appears a DOS
attack.

1) Power down the modem, turn it on for a dynamic IP cycle to change.
2) Power down the computer PS to cycle out a locked BIOS/MB network
monitoring circuitry: LED not green, flashing yellow.
3) 45 seconds to ghost, so may as well, and rewrite the OS,.
4) The modems by then reconnected.

Done and Hello World:
All told, two three minutes;- No more than five.