Old November 23rd 03, 12:18 AM
Bob Davis

No improvements that I can feel or otherwise discern. When entering the
BIOS the screen doesn't appear until after my SCSI bios (Adaptec AHA-2930)
finishes. I don't have any other BIOS (like ITE or SATA) loading at boot on
this machine or otherwise I assume they would load before the BIOS appears
too, as others have reported. This isn't a biggie, but don't understand it.
I guess we'll have f9 next week to fix that bug.

"Michael Len" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
You guys who updated successfully find any improvements? So far I see
lots of risk for no gain.

mark7dc wrote:
I only ran the AIDA32 benchmark and I got 4550 read, 1593 write on my

single
SATA drive on the Intel controller. The drive is an 80GB Seagate.

"Dominic Phoon" wrote in message

Did you do any benchmarks? Apparently F7 reduced about 200 points in
Sandra's memory bandwidth benchmark. I am quoting this from RC from

another
thread. I wonder if F8 was suppose to solve this.

"mark7dc" wrote in message

F8 is working just fine here, with both SATA and IDE drives.