Old June 22nd 03, 10:54 PM
John Smith

Consider your IE Favorites and also, as bizarre as it sounds, your Temporary
Internet Files folder because you may have subscription or authorisation
cookies in there that would be difficult to replicate.

Also copy over your Outlook PST file if you are using Outlook along with any
Outlook email account settings.

All can be found in your User Profile in Documents & Settings.

If you make a note of your DBX file locations for Outlook Express you can
simply cut and paste them into your new drive at the same location and they
will work. Make sure you copy everything in the Outlook Express folder
though including settings. Again, look in your User Profile for them.

If you have programs you have set in a particular way look for any .INI
files and copy those also.

J.

"Peter Cavan" wrote in message
HI
I have ordered a new PC and have started to move some stuff onto CDs to

take
to the new PC. I have got all My Documents and save files for programs,

and
wanted to know what else I should keep. For example, how do I backup all

of
my Outlook Express settings? Is there a way to copy my messages? Are there
any good websites that explain stuff like this? Is there anything that
somebody didn't take to a new PC but really wished they had?
Thanks for all help and advice
Peter Cavan.