Old January 4th 06, 01:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default What To Do About My Old Digital Camera - Old USB?

"Nicholas Andrade" wrote in message
om...
alien wrote:
"Nicholas Andrade" wrote in message
. ..

...snip

There's no benefit in transfering the pictures

via the camera (again, this presumes it stores the pictures in standard
JPEG formamt on the memory card).

Never say never. I have a Kodak DC220 that can record audio clips. If
you don't use the USB cable, you can't "see" the audio clips. They must
be embedded in the jpgs somehow. I bought that camera in 1998 and it
still works although it's been replaced with a newer model that takes
videos too.

alien

I presume you missed the part in parentheses; although the clip you
described may have been JPEG compliant, I wouldn't call it "standard". Yes
there are special cases where transferring via the camera may be
important, but it's virtually always not the case when dealing with
standard graphical files.

It's still a 'standard' jpeg file. The jpeg standard allows from broad
interpretation and they are still standard