Old December 21st 07, 06:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peter

Default Fan speed control with Forceware 169.02

There are two way to fix that:
1) flash video bios with a new updated fan fix bios. risky imho
2) drivers dont fix it but Rivatuner does if you set it up right.
there is a tutorial on guru3d.com. Make sure you dont have other
programs controlling the fan at the same time. poof If anyone has the fan
figures from the new bios they may post them.

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
Augustus wrote:
Just realized that the reason I've run into a few hard lockup issues (in
F.E.A.R.)with my new 8800GT is that the fan control doesn't ramp up at
all in 3D games, just stays at the regular 2D 29% and that's it. I'm
using Rivatuner to set the fan at a fixed 75% in 2D/3D, but when use
Rivatuner to set autocontrol of the fan, it still doesn't ramp above
stock 2D. Is this a known driver issue or am I missing something here?
Should I be using older drivers?

169.21 betas are out, give em a shot. Barring any manufacturer specific
problems (like their BIOS), I would think driver level fan control would
be a #1 priority for any 8800.