Old July 1st 03, 12:13 AM
Simon Harris

Havent tried that one. Will do and will post back to let you know.

Thanks for the post.

Simon.

"Ken" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:23:12 +0100, "Simon Harris"
wrote:

I have recently purchased a Dell 4600 system, with a 17" flat panel

screen.
The screen is connected to the DVI output on an ATI Radeon 9800 card.

Native
resolution is 1280x1024 @ 60hz. I am running in 32bit colour. I've

installed
the monitor driver.

Now, the picture is near perfect - Very clear, fills the screen to the

exact
edges - Looks the bizznizz!! BUT...it hurts my eyes! I find more than

10
minutes in front of the screen gives me the kind of spots in front of my
eyes that you sometimes get when very tired.

Do I have a faulty screen? Have I set something up wrong? Perhaps I'm

just
not used to the hi res (Normally run one up from 1024x768 (What ever

that
is!)

Got to go now....eyes need a break!!

Put down the contrast level.