Old June 29th 03, 09:29 PM
Ken

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:23:12 +0100, "Simon Harris"
wrote:

I have recently purchased a Dell 4600 system, with a 17" flat panel screen.
The screen is connected to the DVI output on an ATI Radeon 9800 card. Native
resolution is 1280x1024 @ 60hz. I am running in 32bit colour. I've installed
the monitor driver.

Now, the picture is near perfect - Very clear, fills the screen to the exact
edges - Looks the bizznizz!! BUT...it hurts my eyes! I find more than 10
minutes in front of the screen gives me the kind of spots in front of my
eyes that you sometimes get when very tired.

Do I have a faulty screen? Have I set something up wrong? Perhaps I'm just
not used to the hi res (Normally run one up from 1024x768 (What ever that
is!)

Got to go now....eyes need a break!!

Put down the contrast level.