Old January 10th 16, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers
micky

Default How to install a printer to Vista when the maker doesn't supply drivers

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 11:06:41 -0500, Micky
wrote:

I hate to spoil the end of hte story, but what's REALLY interesting
here is that if you DON'T choose Have Disk, and you go through tthe
list of pre-provided printer drivers, starting with Brother, one of
the choices is DCP-1000. A few lines later in Videoguymike's
instructions, he points out that DCP1000's drivers are what is being
used for the MFC6800. So if I'd known that earlier, I probably could
have just chosen DCP1000 from the list!!!! I can't find who in
this thread suggested if they only specified groups of similar
printers, that would help.

Vanguard suggested that.

Downloading drivers almost at random and lookng for a list in their
..inf files might work, especially for Brother, but seems like extra
work.