Old August 16th 08, 04:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Robert Myers

Default TheInquirer: 'Why AMD should merge with Nvidia'

On Aug 16, 2:08*am, Miles Bader wrote:

What is it with Eugene Miya, anyway? *For as long as I can remember
(since the late 80s or early 90s at least), everything I've seen him
post has been rather nutty (like the right terminology seems to be
there, but used in ways that simply doesn't make much sense). *However
as far as I can tell, he seems to be respected. *He seems like a nice
enough guy, but I'd be kind of dubious of his advice...

By his own admission, he is "not a hardware guy per se." He's
associated with NASA Ames, and I'd characterize him as an unusually
well-informed buyer. He knows everyone and talks to everyone. That's
the important thing. I'd take his advice seriously, as I do not take
the advice of most articles cited here seriously. That is not to say
that I've always agreed with him.

Robert.