Old July 18th 07, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_4_]

Default PCI - E card

You need to attach an additional connector to the power supply in order to
run the card without burning it up from low power.

--
---------------------
DaveW
"Mick" wrote in message
I had to swap my motherboard out - so took advantage of an Asus board
with PCI-E.
I bought an Xpert Vision GeForce7600GT video card - PCI-E version.
Once I got it in the slot, I noticed the small set of contacts on the
top edge - suggesting an additional power source?

Am I right? Anybody know what these contact are meant for? The manual
says nothing ....

Regards

Mick