Old July 18th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mick[_4_]

Default PCI - E card

Bob Knowlden wrote:

That's an SLI (scalable link interface) connector. It permits 2
identical video cards to be used to produce a single image, with
increased performance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Link_Interface

(SLI was originally from 3dfx, and it meant scan line interleaving.
nVidia acquired some of the assets of 3dfx when that company died in
2002. The assets must have included the SLI trademark.)

HTH.

"Mick" wrote in message
I had to swap my motherboard out - so took advantage of an Asus
board with PCI-E.
I bought an Xpert Vision GeForce7600GT video card - PCI-E version.
Once I got it in the slot, I noticed the small set of contacts on
the top edge - suggesting an additional power source?

Am I right? Anybody know what these contact are meant for? The
manual says nothing ....

Regards

Mick

--

Ah - that explains it - many thanks folks

Mick