Old July 18th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Knowlden

Default PCI - E card

That's an SLI (scalable link interface) connector. It permits 2 identical
video cards to be used to produce a single image, with increased
performance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Link_Interface

(SLI was originally from 3dfx, and it meant scan line interleaving. nVidia
acquired some of the assets of 3dfx when that company died in 2002. The
assets must have included the SLI trademark.)

HTH.

"Mick" wrote in message
I had to swap my motherboard out - so took advantage of an Asus board
with PCI-E.
I bought an Xpert Vision GeForce7600GT video card - PCI-E version.
Once I got it in the slot, I noticed the small set of contacts on the
top edge - suggesting an additional power source?

Am I right? Anybody know what these contact are meant for? The manual
says nothing ....

Regards

Mick