Old November 17th 03, 05:03 AM
David

Default After reinstall of win xp get boot menu with 2 xp profesions to boot from

I get a boot menu after reinstalling winxp pro clean install
on a dim. 2400 p4 2.2 that shows 2 window xps.
If you select the first one it boots fine. The second one does not
work and
wont attempt to actually boot. When I reinstalled I deleted the
partitions (one small fat32 and the other large rest of the disk ntfs)
and formatted. I just want windows to boot without showing this boot
menu which I dont need anyway. I did boot again to the windows xp cd
and only
shows the one xp when showing existing windows installed (that is as
far as I went). By the way the only reason I clean reinstalled
windows
was to get rid of all the junk the pc comes loaded with. I have
loaded all xp updates etc. I just want to get rid of the boot menu.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. To reply directly to me add an extra 1 to 165 (ie 1165).