Old October 26th 03, 09:02 PM
BF

Sounds like it is not seating properly. If it worked before you took it out,
what else could it be.

"porpoise" wrote in message
om...
Hi all.

Recently, my Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB stopped working. Whereas it used
to work fine in my Shuttle PC (the Nforce2 based SN41G2), recently
when I removed the card (to clean dust off the heatsink fan) and put
it back in, the Shuttle motherboard's 'AGP Protection LED' went on.

After reading the manual, I found that this LED lights when the
motherboard thinks you have a older 3.3V card in its 1.5V-only AGP
slot -- it won't let you power up the machine in that state. Puzzled,
I put it in another Nforce2 motherboard. Same thing: AGP protection
LED on, no POST. Interestingly, the LED on that other mobo stayed on
_even after the card was removed_. That other motherboard now works
with its original card, but the LED remains on. I dont know if that's
relevant, but it's odd.

Now, I know that my Shuttle motherboard and its AGP are fine because

1) I can run the Shuttle perfectly with the onboard video, and

2) Another Gainward GF4 Ti4200 works in the same AGP slot.

Coincidentally, I bought this card EXACTLY one year ago, on October
25th. This means that the warranty seems to have run out, and my email
to Leadtek support has gone unanswered for 2 or 3 days.

Does anyone have ANY clue whatsoever about this? What went wrong, and
is there anything at all I can do to fix it?

Any suggestions appreciated!