Old May 15th 04, 08:42 AM
Dave

The only time I've had this problem, it was due to a faulty stick of RAM,
though,
I think that there are other hardware problems that would produce that type
of error. I doubt that it is a driver/software problem. Run Memtest for
about half an hour
then something like 3DMark03 to stress the video card.

"Louise" wrote in message
.. .
Asus P4C800E Deluxe, 1024 Kingston memory, ATI 9600 Pro, Soundblaster
Audigy 2 ZS, one SATA Seagate drive, etc. and so forth... Temps are ok
and I ran a short test of the memory with memtest and it was ok.

It seems that every time I do almost anything, I end up getting a
message that the system has recovered from a serious fault or problem or
whatever, and a file was created in documents and
settings/myname/localsettings/temp/wer1 or 2 or whatever.

I have attempted to read these files and I don't know enough to make
much sense of it.

This just occurred again when I ran an updating exe file from Creative
to update the drivers on my Audigy card. However, it happens somewhat
frequently and I would like to understand it, or at least understand how
to read the files.

Therefore, I'm taking the liberty of cutting and pasting the files below
- please forgive the length and I'd appreciate any suggestions you can
make and also, some help with understanding what in the world Microsoft
is trying to tell me :-)

Louise