Old July 6th 03, 07:01 PM
Thomas Jarboe

Why am I wondering this? Well, I wanted to know before I opened the box to
the ATI card. Well, I finally opened the box, installed the 9800 pro, and
gotta say I love it. Battlefield 1942 really runs a LOT smoother. And the
reason I picked this over Nvidia cards is PRICE. Nvidia Cards are WAY OVER
PRICED IMHO. Sure, Geforce line of cards are good. But When it comes down
to price, the ATI 9800 pro was well worth my money. I'm sure I would have
said the same thing if I shelled out another $100 for the Nvidia equivalant.
But now I am a Really Happy camper.
Something I just noticed on Tech TV. They said both cards are almost
identical when it comes to graphics rendering, but none of the games out
right now take full advantage of these cards. So, finally after many years
of comuting/gaming, I feel I'm kinda of ahead of the game this time.
Tom

"NoRemorse" wrote in message
"Thomas Jarboe" wrote in message
I currently have a Geforce 4 ti 4200 se 128mb card. I just bought a ATI
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb and am wondering, is this a really good card? Or
should I have gone with a Geforce FX series card?
Thanks.
Tom

And why are you wondering this? Are your games not playing on the new

card?
Are you having driver problems? NVidia fan boys bothering you?

The 9800 pro and the FX 5900 are evenly matched. One can win some

benchmarks
and the other can win other benchmarks. No significant difference.

--
[This message has been transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.]