Old January 5th 09, 02:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Memnoch

Default GTX 295, is it real ?

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:08:35 -0500, Tim O wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 13:23:36 GMT, Memnoch
wrote:

What would be a future proof purchase? Or at least one for any significant
length of time nowadays. I doubt there are any.

Glock 21, one round of .45 ACP. Load, put in mouth, pull trigger.

Not as sexy as the newest triple parallax boobie buffering video card,
but definitely makes you future proof.

I went with the XFX 9800 GX2 a number of months back, Very nice card and will
hopefully complement the Intel i7 upgrade I am looking to get over the next
week or so when I have decided on which motherboard I want. I bought the bits
for my current system just over 2 years ago, an Intel X6800 and MSI
motherboard.