Old August 5th 04, 12:52 PM
Nut Cracker

Hello Hank,

I have never seen this S: drive issue before, but if you boot from the CD
and let it take you to the point where you see a number of utilitites (Array
Configuration Uitility, Update System Partition, etc) you should see a
System Erase Utility. This will give the machine the labotomy you are
seeking. If the server has an array controller installed, it will also wipe
out the disk config and you will loose any information on the drives. It
will also clear the NVRAM so you can start afresh. If, for some reason, you
arent seeing this tool, you can also DL the program and run it from a floppy
disk.

let us know if you need anything else,

- LC

"Hank Arnold" wrote in message
news
I've run into a catch 22 with some Compaq 6400R servers that were donated

the Hospice I support. I want to wipe everything out and start fresh. If I
boot the Smart Start CD, it goes through several gyrations and then tells

me
that I have to re-install windows on the "S:" drive. If I let it re-boot,

it
stops.

Is there an equivalent to a "Frontal lobotomy" where everything is wiped

out
and Smart Start sees a "virgin" machine??? Kind of like taking the

battery
out of a computer to clear it..... Or is that what I need to do??

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold