Old November 7th 03, 03:34 AM
News

Considering a similar base system, but have to still answer the following:
Do you want SATA, RAID, IEEE 1394, single or dual LAN, on board audio,
spdif, dual channel memory, etc?
Best mix so far seems to be DFI NFII Ultra Infinity for about $100 (not to
be confused with the LanParty NFII Ultra or its even more insanely feature
packed successor). For a few bucks and a number of features less, the NFII
Ultra-AL or NFII 400-AL
Any tips for finding the best bang/buck memory for these?

"Dave Phillips" wrote in message
m...
I could use some suggestions...

I want to upgrade from by ABIT KT7A motherboard with 1.2 GHz Thujnderbird
chip to a faster board, Athlon XP CPU, etc.

I am thinking about the Abit NF7-S board with a Barton core chip. I have
read about overclocking and have never done that before.....

1. Does the NF7-S overclock well?
2. Should I get the 2500+ chip and overclock it or go to the 2800+ and
overclock it?
3. If I overclock, what speed RAM (PC2700, PC3200)???
4. What about cooling? I have the normal case fans and have added one

extra
in the front. Will I need additional cooling???? Suggestions?

Dave