Old November 2nd 03, 01:41 PM
Dave Phillips

Default Suggestions for purchasing new MOBO with CPU (overclock)

I could use some suggestions...

I want to upgrade from by ABIT KT7A motherboard with 1.2 GHz Thujnderbird
chip to a faster board, Athlon XP CPU, etc.

I am thinking about the Abit NF7-S board with a Barton core chip. I have
read about overclocking and have never done that before.....

1. Does the NF7-S overclock well?
2. Should I get the 2500+ chip and overclock it or go to the 2800+ and
overclock it?
3. If I overclock, what speed RAM (PC2700, PC3200)???
4. What about cooling? I have the normal case fans and have added one extra
in the front. Will I need additional cooling???? Suggestions?

Dave