Old April 6th 06, 08:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Which Dell desktops ship with Windows XP Home Edition?

"William P.N. Smith" wrote in message
"Kevin" wrote:
It seems like there are very few new systems now shipping with XP Home
Edition. It isn't even offered in the operating systems options of the
system configuration pages. Which models still ship with XP Home?

All of the small business systems I've priced for clients in the last
couple of weeks have the option of XP Home or XP Pro. Maybe you need
to pick the drop-down arrow, or select a different base configuration?

I think it has as much to do with where Dell is targeting the hardware as
anything. If the machine has significant "multimedia" features, then it
appears they are throwing MCE on it with only an XP Pro option.

More standardized or "lesser" systems with 14.1" displays and no video
adapter options or lower-end processors (among some of the features) seem to
have the traditional XP Home or Pro option with no option for MCE....

jmo

Stew