Old April 5th 06, 05:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,misc.consumers

Default Has Google been hacked?

Larry Bud wrote:
Mike T. wrote:
I just ran several searches on google, from their "advanced" search page,
and NONE of them gave me any useful links at all.

The last search I ran was for exact phrase "the history of milk chocolate".
I got 184 totally OFF-topic results, which included (my favorite) "used
ultralight aircraft for sale in Australia". Oh, and all the links end in
.pl

Your settings are screwed up (perhaps the default language). I search
for the exact phrase "the history of milk chocolate" and get following
(from the advanced search, exact phrase)

BTW, if you take "the" off the search, you get even better results