Old August 6th 04, 09:51 PM
SysCold

Larry Gagnon wrote:

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:19:04 +0200, SysCold wrote:

I'm now running stable on 220MHz FSB, that's 2.43GHz. I don't know if my
Asus PC Probe is lieing but it said: 33C Idle, 43C CPU Max. I touched
cooler near CPU and it wasn't hot, I'd say it's mild warm. Still without
changing voltage. Memory timings: 2.5-3-3-8. I'll try to get it even lower.
I'll let you know when I reach limit.... if anyone is interested?...

Have you actually run Prime95 for a few hours to test if your computer
really is stable? You are very lucky if you don't have to raise the CPU
core voltage. Also your temps are very low - I mean how long have you run
it at 100% load? Also, what is your room's ambient temperature?

Larry Gagnon, A+ certified tech.

I've tested it in simple program I wrote. It loops some arithmetical and
logical operations for half of hour taking 100% of CPU. When I wrote
above post room temp was 25.5C. But there is something strange I
noticed. There is the difference between ASUS PC Probe and BIOS
readings. BIOS shows about 5 to 7C more then PC Probe. But still, 50C is
OK temp for 25.5C ambient temp and overclocked processor. I don't know
if it is wise or will it damage my processor/MB but I'll rise FSB until
processor temp reaches 60C at full load for hour. MB temp is 25C in BIOS
and PC Probe, so I hope I don't have to worry about it.
System is now working at 230 FSB, 2.54GHz, still NO change in core
voltage. I left it on 'AUTO' and during all testings, CV was at 1.696. I
ran FarCry for few hours (until my last post) at 230 FSB without any
problems. Processor is now 31C Idle, 38C after hours of FarCry. Temp in
the room is now 23.1C.