Old August 6th 04, 04:22 PM
BigBadger

With the latest chips your memory or chipset would usually be the limiting
factors due to high FSB, not the CPU.
With good air cooling and a moderate voltage increase (1.9V) the most will
get into the 2500 - 2600MHz region as long as the rest of your system is
good for the FSB.

"rstlne" wrote in message

"SysCold" wrote in message
So far I've managed to get it to 2.26 GHz with 205 FSB. No voltage
change. I have Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu and it keeps it at 38C/42C Idle/CPU
Max. Motherboard is Asus A7N8X-X (2x200MHz FSB). How far can I push it
more, anyone OC'd it higher? What temperature is still OK, 60C, 70C?

BTW, just to make su is Barton die temperature 90C?

Max temp before death is stated as 90c yes..
I dont think you'll push it much farther with air cooling but I have read
where people have got it up to 220*11, Mine wont do it tho.