Old August 6th 04, 04:19 PM
SysCold

rstlne wrote:
"SysCold" wrote in message

So far I've managed to get it to 2.26 GHz with 205 FSB. No voltage
change. I have Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu and it keeps it at 38C/42C Idle/CPU
Max. Motherboard is Asus A7N8X-X (2x200MHz FSB). How far can I push it
more, anyone OC'd it higher? What temperature is still OK, 60C, 70C?

BTW, just to make su is Barton die temperature 90C?

Max temp before death is stated as 90c yes..
I dont think you'll push it much farther with air cooling but I have read
where people have got it up to 220*11, Mine wont do it tho.

I'm now running stable on 220MHz FSB, that's 2.43GHz. I don't know if my
Asus PC Probe is lieing but it said: 33C Idle, 43C CPU Max. I touched
cooler near CPU and it wasn't hot, I'd say it's mild warm. Still without
changing voltage. Memory timings: 2.5-3-3-8. I'll try to get it even lower.
I'll let you know when I reach limit.... if anyone is interested?...